- This event has passed.
Erie Hack 2.0
June 20 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pmFree
The Cleveland Water Alliance is looking for technology to solve Lake Erie’s problems, through its second $100,000 ErieHack competition.
Erie Hack 2.0, a program of the Cleveland Water Alliance, brings together researchers, designers, engineers, developers and creatives around the region to build teams, develop innovations and compete for the more than $100,000 in prizes.
The alliance is a five-year-old non-profit that leads a network of corporations, universities, research institutions, public agencies and utilities. The goal is to create an entire business ecosystem — from research and innovation to manufacturing — around Lake Erie.
Here’s the schedule for the event:
11 a.m.: Innovation in Action: Emergent Technologies in the Blue Economy
- Buffet Lunch and Discussion
12 p.m.: The Role of Innovation in Advancing Environmental Protection
- Peter Grevatt, CEO of the Water Research Foundation
12:40 p.m.: Keynote Speaker
- Joy Mulinex, Governor’s Director of the Lake Erie Commission
1:10 p.m.: Team pitches begin
2:10 p.m.: Outmoded Laws, Overdue Goals: The need for real-time thinking in water policy
- John Cronin, Senior Fellow at the Dyson College Institute for Sustainability and the
Environment at Pace University
2:30 p.m.: Team pitches continue
3:30 p.m.: Global Water Innovation
- Introduction: Marsha Festen, McDougal Family Foundation,
- Harro Brons, International Business Development Manager at the Water Alliance (Netherlands)
3:50 p.m.: Final round of pitches
4:55 p.m.: Where are they now? An update from 2017 Erie Hack awardees Erie Open Systems
- Hunter King and Kelly Siman
5:30 p.m.: Announcement of Erie Hack winners
5:45 – 6:45 p.m.: Reception