The U.S. Navy is coming to Cleveland this summer during one of only 14 Navy Weeks nationwide in 2018.
The Navy will be in town Aug. 27-Sept. 2. That coincides with the Cleveland National Air Show at Burke Lakefront Airport on Labor Day weekend, featuring the iconic U.S. Navy Blue Angels flying acrobatics team. The idea is to give Clevelanders a chance to learn about the armed service branch.
Currently New Orleans is hosting Navy Week as part of its tricentennial celebration.
Here’s what you can expect during Navy Week in the CLE:
- Navy Band performances
- Senior Navy leadership
- Sailors assigned to the state’s namesake submarine, USS Ohio
- Navy divers and Navy explosive ordnance disposal teams
- Navy oceanography/meteorology scientists and displays
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Navy History and Heritage Command historians and displays
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
Navy Week last came to Cleveland in 2012, to celebrate the bicentennial of the War of 1812.
What are you excited to see?